Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query all reports on Enterprise Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellig

Technical User
Aug 2, 2011
US
Is there any way to query all Reports on the Enterprise Server to determine which of them contain subscriptions? (I could also see us using a query like this to determine which reports contain certain processes or code.)

I've tried googling this and can't find anything useful.

Thanks!

You won't be able to do a query to get processes or code - you would have to use the SDK to run through the list of reports, open each one, and then look for the information.

What do you mean by "subscriptions"?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

By subscriptions, I mean reports that are set up to run automatically on a schedule. I know I can see this information in the incident manager in Enterprise XI, but we are migrating everything off of an Enterprise X server and I'm not sure how to get that information on Enterprise X.

You'll need to use the Query Builder tool. The query will look something like this:

Select *
from CI_INFOOBJECTS
where SI_INSTANCE = 1

There's another field that you need to filter on that will pull only the "recurring" instances, which are your schedules. However, I don't remember what the name of the field is or the specific value you need and I'm on a client site where I don't have access to Query Builder. To find it I would find a report that has a low number of instances, at least one of which is recurring - make note of the date/time of the schedule. Add "and SI_NAME = '<name of your report>'" to the end of the query above and look through the properties. Find the recurring schedule based on the date/time. Then look to see what fields are different between that report and one of the completed instances. The field you're looking for contains a 1-digit number and I think is named something like SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back