Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

queries failed to work after changing XP from English to French

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenwenjun

Technical User
Nov 9, 2002
RW
I created a access file in my Winxp sp2 English with ACCESS xp, the Marcos worked fine, but all the marcos containing queries could not work in my colleague's system,whose sytem is Winxp in French.
The criteria collected by forms seem don't work.
So, I went to control pannel - region setting - advance - change my unicode support from English into French, then I was having the same problem......
Is it normal? An access file created under Winxp can not jump between diffrent languages?
Is there a way out?

"up to the brim."

The criteria collected by forms seem don't work
Probably a date criteria.
Always use non ambiguous date format, like this:
Format(yourDateVariable, "yyyy-mm-dd")

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

thanks, that somehow caught the first part of the issue, but not entirely....it did happen in my query with date...
But I have another query which is not date, worked fine with English, but in after changing unicode languge surpport, when I click the button in the form, pop out the question, demanding the variables I typed in the form already....

"up to the brim."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back