Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Querie problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schaap

Technical User
Jul 6, 2004
NL
I got a fill in form with field year1 and year2.
And I got the code below :

If (Not IsNull(Me.Year1)) Or (Not IsNull(Me.Year2)) Then
If IsNull(Me.Year1) Then Year1 = "2000"
If IsNull(Me.Year2) Then Year2 = "2020"
SStr = "#" & (Me.Year1) & "#"
EStr = "#" & (Me.Year2) & "#"
SQLStr = SQLStr & " AND ([Investmentplanning]![Budgetyear] Between " & SStr & " AND " & EStr & ")"
End If

But I get an error :
Syntaxiserror in date. in query-expression :
([Investmentplanning]![Budgetyear] Between "2008" AND "2012"

Does anybody know what I did wrong ?

Replace all your stuff by this:
SQLStr = SQLStr & " AND (Investmentplanning.Budgetyear Between " & Nz(Year1, 2000) & " AND " & Nz(Year2, 2020) & ")"

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Where's the first part of SQLStr? All I see is this statement:

Code:
SQLStr = SQLStr & " AND ([Investmentplanning]![Budgetyear] Between " & SStr & " AND " & EStr & ")"

Regards,

Randy
[afro]

The rest of the SOLStr-code :

SQLStr = "[InvestmentPlanning]!IndexNumber > 0"

There are more fields on the fill in form and also included in the SQLStr-code but when I select one of these fields instead of the both fields with Year1 and Year2 it works well. So the problem is probably in the code of my first thread !
I will try the code of PHV now,and will come back on this if it works or not!

I'll tried the SQL-code of PHV but then I get an error that I can't open the resultform !

I open the form with this code :
DoCmd.OpenForm "Selection from database", acNormal, , SQLStr

What can be the problem, and what does Nz do in this code ?

Now I know what Nz function does (nice one).

But there's something going wrong with the code between-and. Because if I change between into like and skip the Year2 part it works !!!

Does someone have a qlue ?

What is the data type of Budgetyear ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

OK, try this:
SQLStr = SQLStr & " AND (Investmentplanning.Budgetyear Between '" & Nz(Year1, 2000) & "' AND '" & Nz(Year2, 2020) & "')"

Hope This Helps, PH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back