Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QuarkXPress cannot open printer HP Deskjet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogio

Technical User
Apr 6, 2009
I run QuarkXPress 6.5 in PowerBook G4 (mac OS X - Version 10.3.9).
I have installed HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One-series, which functions well for scanning,copying and MS Word files printing.
But, only, to print QuarkXPress files it refuses with the label: "Cannot open the printer. Unknown error"!
I cannot understand where and what that error is... It is the first time I am met with such a reaction!

...first open disk utility (applications > utilities folder) and run the "repair disk permissions" command...

...try again, ensure you have the correct printer selected in the Quark "Printer" dialogue drop down menu...

...als keep quark up to date (6.52 latest) is here:

...if this still fails, then open the printer setup utility and delete the problem printer and re-install the driver...

...if this still fails, create a new user account to test it from that side, if this still fails then you may have to do an archive and install of the OS, but this is very last resort...

andrew

...also to add another few steps to try is use Onyx:

...run the automated functions...

...you can also boot from the panther install disk and run the disk utility application from the installer menu, run first aid and repair disk...

...then try deleting the printer driver and re-installing it again...

...if you have tried disk warrior or tech tool pro and still nothing is working, then back up important data (which should be regular anyway) and archive and install the OS fresh...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back