Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QuarkXPress 6.1 installer Rolls Back on My Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmark

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
IN
Hi,
Well I have been using QuarkXpress for such a long time. Recently, I downloaded the latest 6.1 updater, while I try to install, the installer starts installing , but Rolls Back....
Can any one help.

Greg

Check the owner of the Quark app and folder, you need to be loged on as the owner - Quark wont tell you you are not authorized, it will kinda start and then quit.

I had that problem, and it was because quark 6.1 needs more parts of panther installed than 6 did. Originally I did a minimal panther installation to save on space, due to the large amount of uneccessary stuff that comes with it. But had to go back and re-install parts for the upgrade to work.However it switched back to demo mode and I then had to get a re-activation code from quark over the phone, which was a hassle....
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back