Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark Xpress will not print color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chays

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I have an HP Color LaserJet 5M. Every other program I have can print to it fine except Quark. When I go to print setup options the settings will not allow me to choose composite color. ( It is grayed out) Just black and white and grayscale. I am using Quark 4.04 and Mac OS 9.2 on a blue and white g3. Any suggestions? I have the most current printer ppd etc. for the printer.

CH

Is the ppd installed with quark as well as with your system?

Can you tell me all the locations where the ppd should be installed? I simply ran the HP 5m installer. The printer shows up in my Chooser. However, after I select it in the Chooser I go to Quark and it has defaulted to printing in Black and white. I then have to scroll down the printer list to find the 5M. How do I get the ppd in Quark?

Thanks

CH

Aren't there free updates from Q4.04? I thought they went up to 4.11.

I think there is a PPD folder in the Quark folder somewhere. Copy the ppd file there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back