Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark Xpress 4.11 crashes on Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

harisb

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I have around 20 PCs running Quark 4.11 in the production environment, and they are all experiencing intermittent Quark Xpress crashes : Most frequently when grouping, ungrouping, centering text, but also on copy - paste, printing, opening or saving documents.

I read Quark articles on their site, and they list most of these problems as unsolved in 4.11 (which is the latest update to version 4, correct me if I'm wrong).

OS and all other applications are fully patched, we have Adobe Illustrators, CorelDraws etc running as well but only Quark XPress is making problems.

Migration to higher versions (5 or 6) is not an option due to other technical level constraints.

I wonder if anyone has similar environment / experience and could offer a word of advice.

Thanks
Haris

I had the same problem with win2000. Try manually making a large swap disk instead of Windows doing it. That made a difference on my system.

In the end though, I found WindowsXP Pro ran 4.11 better. Not sure why.

Hey artman62,

Can you tell what was your hardware configuration on those boxes? They are all running win2000, latest patches etc, hardware is 2GHz and up, 512 ram and up, else is ok. They usually don't run several apps in the same time so I don't suspect hardware specs to be the problem.

We have one XP in testing phase right now, but it's too early to say if there are any positive results.

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back