Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark will only print one page to Acrobat PDF printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrematCBA

Technical User
Oct 19, 2012
AR
Here's the situation:
- Windows 7
- QuarkXpress (happens with both v8 & v9)
- Acrobat Pro 9.3

The problem
When trying to print a multiple paged file in Quark (8 or 9) to the "Adobe PDF" printer, the final PDF will only have the first page I send.
Any thoughts on why could this be?

Additional Info
- I've checked Quark & Adobe print settings (in both case it's set to print "all pages")
- Tried installing other versions of Acrobat PPD files
- Tried playing around with Acrobat options, older versions of PDFs, and it won't help
- Tried printing a multiple paged file from CorelDRAW X6 to PDF and it works
- Tried printing a multiple paged file from Quark (8 & 9) to a laser printer, and all pages come out
- The same set of programs, but set in Windows XP, and it all worked perfectly

Thanks in advance!

Isn't there an export to PDF instead of print to PDF?

One big difference between Win7 and XP is the advent of UAC (ie: user permissions). Try running QXP as an administrator (right click on QXP shortcut and 'run as admin').

Hey spamjim! Thanks for your answer and insight.

The problem with the "export PDF" command is that marks, bleeds and final size of the PDF sheet are not as customizable as with the "print to Adobe PDF" command. I work on prepress, so those details are fairly important. Oh, and export PDF works just fine, exporting as many pages as the PDF has.

I've even checked the LOG files, and it seems Quark is only processing the first page I set, since there's no mention of latter pages errors.

I tried following your advice of running Quark as admin, but nothing changed... Thanks though for your time! Next thing I'll try is to install Adobe Acrobat 10 and see.

Still wondering about the difference of your success between the XP and 7 system. Could there be a difference in installed fonts?

What error(s) do you see in the postscript or PDF logs?

Yup, beats me too! Well, in W7 I have like a fourth of the total amount of fonts I had in XP, but I don't truly think that's got anything to do...

And, as I tried to state before, there are no visible errors in the log file (I'm copying it here). It seems as if Quark only sends all the information into only one page, since all the attachments of the Quark File seem to be processed in the log file. All the attachments in red color are in page 1 of the Quark, and the ones marked in green are in page 2. The PDF came only with page 1.

START OF LOG FILE

%%[Xlating Page:1 of C:/Users/Diseño/Desktop/CMYK.pdf]%%
%%[Xlat operation succeeded.]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of C:/Users/Diseño/Desktop/CTP control strip 1000.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 3.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 5.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 7.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 9.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 02 1.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 02 3.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of C:/Users/Diseño/Desktop/CMYK.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of C:/Users/Diseño/Desktop/CTP control strip 1000.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 6.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 4.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 10.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 01 8.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 02 4.pdf]%%

%%[Xlating Page:1 of D:/Respaldo PC/OCTUBRE 2012/REVISTA LARA HERZIG/PLIEGOS/LHcuad 02 2.pdf]%%

%%[Distiller generating C:/Users/Diseño/Desktop/@posado CATALOGO Lara Herzig oct2012 (ROLAND).pdf]%%
%%[Distiller operation succeeded.]%%

END OF LOG FILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back