Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark value error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessa

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
When I open my document in Quark 6 (on a Mac - OS 10.3.9) it says "This value must be between 1 and 999. The closest allowable value will be used. [303]"

Then it opens the file just fine. What is it talking about and how do I fix it?

Thanks Marcus. I finally figured out what those Quark forum people were trying to say and was able to fix it.

In case someone else comes across this problem, go to the print menu, click the print button as if you're going to print, you'll then notice the print range has some ridiculous number in there. Change it to print from 1 to 1 and it's fixed.

I've continued to have trouble with this. I do the fix mentioned above and the file is fine the first time I open it. But then reverts back to the error code after that. Very annoying. Any more fixes? So glad I get to convert to InDesign after this book is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back