Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark PC file to Quark Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

RbrtGolf4

Technical User
Feb 24, 2009
US
I have a file that was created on a PC in Quark and I have a MAC. When I open it the font is missing because they are PC fonts, so I went and bought the MAC versions and installed them on my computer. The problem I am having is that when I go and open the file again it still says my fonts are missing so I replace them when it gives me the option to the ones I bought and they still do not work. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi RbrtGolf4
Do these new fonts that you bought work ok with new files that you create?
When you open this file, maybe you can set up new style sheets and then delete the old style sheets one at a time and replace with the new style sheets.
If that doesn't work then highlight the appropriate text and apply the style sheet holding down the option key.
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

and they still do not work

It would help to know what error message, if any, is given. What do you mean when you say they 'do not work'?

Are you making permanent replacements or only for that session with the document?

Are you using a font manager with auto-activation capabilities?

There is no error message. When I go to replace the font in the begging before I open the file it says I am missing 2 fonts that I purchased for the Mac and installed into my computer. So when I replace them, the file opens and the font is still wrong. A lot of the font shows up as a question mark in a small square and there are a ton of them. So then I tried placing the font in suitcase fusion and it still happen!

Are the fonts OTF? PC and Mac use two different font types. OTF are Open Type Fonts that work across all platforms. Try source OTF versions of the font, or get a program like Fontographer to convert fonts for PC to Mac or Vice Versa.

Try a Save As and see if things improve. The imported Quark file might be trying to access a different path to the font file, like the path to the fonts on a pc, rather then your machine. Also remember that fonsts can be stored in many locations on the mac - such as computer or user etc. You might have them in one place and Q is looking someplace else.

Try packing up the Quark job and then see if the proper fonts are in the package. If yes use the copy of the Q doc in your package rather than the one sent to you from the pc user.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back