Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark lagging - may be font related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joakimcs

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
NO
When starting quark, it waits several seconds, sometimes several minutes before starts loading installed fonts on the machine. This actually started after installing Extensis Briefcase, but I have later had a clean reinstall on the machine, and after a couple of quark startups on the new system, it was as bad as before. I then used a backup of the old fonts from the last backup, so I suspect there is a problem with fonts. Questions for elbow-greasy companions out there:

1) Does quark lag due to corrupt PostScript fonts (I suspect the answer is yes:)?
2) In that case, how to locate the corrupt PostScript fonts?
3) Does WinXP/Win2000 system fonts in any way conflict with font loading in Quark?
4) Does Extensis SuitCase for the PC in any way f*@< up my prrrecious fonts?
5) I might be completely out of focus when concentrating about fonts. Has anyone of you experienced similar problems, I'd be glad to share my experiences with you. I might help you, if your lucky!

I run Quark 4.1 in a Win XP environment, XP version of latest Adobe Type Manager installed, complete Adobe Font Collection with a couple of additions installed.

Thank you for reading this whole post, I realize its a bit long.

Cheers
Joakim

How many fonts do you have installed at any one time?

Too many fonts may cause slow Quark start-up.

In can't help you on the corrupt fonts issue as I am a Mac user and not very PC savvy.

Try asking at
Quark.com
forums for more info regarding your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back