Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark is freezing in Style Sheets Dialogue box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woogy

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
Quark is freezing everytime I try to make changes in the Style Sheets dialogue box under the Edit menu or if I attempt to make changes such as baseline shift, etc. in text boxes.. I have tried running with all extensions off and the symptoms seem to go away when Suitcase extensions are not loaded. Is this an indication of corrupt fonts? How do I find them? I have re-installed Quark twice and trashed the prefs more times than I can count, still no good. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I have Quark 4.11 running on a Dual 1GHz 'Quicksilver', OS 9.2.2 & OS 10.1.5, 1.5GB RAM, VM is off, and my font managment is Suitcase 8.2

As an update, it is freezing when I have to access the Character Attributes dialogue box. I can make changes to text boxes, etc. other ways, but if I access it through the Style menu, Quark freezes/hangs. Usually the mouse remains active but there is no way to get out of Quark, force quit won't work nothing, only a hard reboot frees the machine.

How many fonts are activated in Suitcase? How many fonts in the fonts folder in the system folder?

Are you running the 411 fixit extension?

Why Suitcase 8.2? Version 10 is available.

Thanks for responding Zelandakh, I am running the 411 fixit extension. I just upgraded to Suitcase 10.1.2 hoping that would perhaps remedy the situation. I also ran FontDoctor (since it's included) and found several 'trashy' fonts but even after cleaning up my fonts and the Suitcase upgrade it still hangs. Everything else in the program runs fine, just hangs on the Character Attribute box.

Hi
Woogy (TechnicalUser)

Your question
"uark is freezing everytime I try to make changes in the Style Sheets dialogue box under the Edit menu or if I attempt to make changes such as baseline shift, etc. in text boxes."

Answer to your question is-
corrupt Font. So Change the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back