Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 7 Table problem - row titles' height

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwed

Technical User
Feb 12, 2007
GB
I have a formatting problem with a table in Quark 7.

My table has row titles in the first column. The originator of the file has made these row title cells the height of 2 or 3 of the body cells.

Now I need to change one of the cells to be the height of 4 of its body rows, but I can't find the setting. If I make the heading cell taller, it makes the 2 body rows (that it is next to) taller which is not what I want at all. I need to keep the body rows the same height but make the leftmost cell containing the title the height of 4 of the body cells.

This is probably very straightforward, but I've been looking for the setting for ages with no joy :(

This is now solved - I was looking at it from the wrong angle.

I was looking for a format control, a bit like a table first row drop cap. But in fact the person who set up the file had been combining cells. So I have now fixed my problem by combining all the cells in first column, then re-splitting them to get back the "complete" table structure. I can then combine cells as appropriate for my longer headings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back