Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 7 - Print Styles/Output Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

Programmer
Mar 15, 2003
US
Greetings
Just moved from Quark 6-Quark 7. Print styles were unable to be imported from 6, so they have to be recreated with much difficulty.
I found the File>Export PDF but is there a way to attach a short cut key to it?
All printer styles are listed in the output style dialog box but are not visible through both the export pdf and print dialog box. Any thoughts? I would like both settings visible in both places without duplicating my efforts.
Printing PDF through Printer Dialog box, not Export PDF gives me both my File name and my layout name, how do i solve this? I went to pdf within preferences but that only worked to fix the dual name through Export PDF and not save PDF through the printer dialog box.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
deb

>>> I found the File>Export PDF but is there a way to attach a short cut key to it? <<<

...don't think so...

>>>All printer styles are listed in the output style dialog box but are not visible through both the export pdf and print dialog box.<<<

...they are listed in the 'Print Style' pull down menu in the print dialog or in the 'PDF Style' pull down menu of the 'Export Layout as PDF' dialog...

>>>Printing PDF through Printer Dialog box file name<<<

...this will occur unless you are in single layout mode from with preferences (turn it on), otherwise I have yet to find a way, personally I think multiple layouts are a disaster waiting to happen, if it corrupts you have lost more work potentially, I'm old school...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back