Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 7 - outputting PDF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzLitho

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
Hello,

I am having problems using Quark 7 and outputting PDF Files. The type and graphics are coming out bitmapped. However if I open it up in Acrobat and output is then it is fine? Is there any type of filters or something that would help me?

Thanks to all!

...i've always avoided export to pdf from quark, only as a last resort only...

...print to postscript file and then distill to pdf...

...or print to the adobe pdf printer instead...

Andrew

...another area to look into is the font cache files created in the 'jaws' folder...

...'jaws' is used for pdf creation...

...cleaning these out periodically is recommended to keep stability and performance optimal...

...as far as bitmapped images goes, ensure your compression settings are correct (if you have that enabled), and check the transparency settings are also correct...

...i've come across problems with transparency effects used on imported eps files, it seems to be eps files from illustrator CS and possibly lower...

...we encountered this from client supplied artwork on a couple of occasions and never found a solution...

Andrew

Item > Preview Resolution > Full Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back