Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6 Pagination Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktobug

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
US
I inserted two pages using the master after page 17 in a 32 page facing page document.

The new pages came up numbered as 18 and 19, correctly, but the rest of the pages did not repaginate.

When I look at the Page Layout Toolbar, the inserted pages are the only ones that don't have an asterisk next to the number.

How can I reflow the pagination of the rest of the pages?

Thanks!

The asterisk should only be on pages that mark the start of a section, and usually there will be very few of them on a page, if any.

For example, if your document is only going from page 1 to 32, with standard page numbering, there should be no marked section starts. If you decide that from, say, page 3, you'd like to start the page numbering again, you would go to page 3, go to Page > Section... and click Section Start. This will mark page 3 with an asterisk, and start the page numbering from 1 again (or whatever format you choose). No more pages should be marked until you define another section start.

With that in mind, it sounds like your document had a new section start for every single page, which is probably completely unnecessary. When you added pages after page 17, they continued from the last section start (page 17) and continued correctly. However, the following page is a section start, with a starting number defined as 18.

To fix this, you'll probably have to go to each page, go to Page > Section... and deselect "Section Start". As a shortcut, in the Document Layout palette, you can just click on the page number at the bottom, which will bring up the same dialog. I don't know if there's any quick way of doing this for every single page other than repeating for each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back