Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.5 output options missing in print window

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinskin

Vendor
Jul 18, 2007
GB
Hi.

I have Quark 6.5(recently updated to 6.52) on a Mac running 10.4.8.

I need to print projects to postscript files (and then distill them) rather than just export to PDF, but in my Page setup/print dialogue there is an option missing that allows me to do this.

It is Output Options that is missing (This should be located once the "printer" button is clicked. From here I should be able to select: Save as file> Format> Postscript> Save, on the third button down (I think it normally shows "copies and pages" with other options under it.

But this function is missing.
You guys are my last hope. I have searched and searched on the internet. I have tried installing a Postscript driver, but as I don't have a Postscript printer I can't seem to do this either.

I am pulling my hair out!!!

Since we switched to Quark 6.5, it doesn't show up on ours either. PDFs are handled differently.

Before, in Quark 4.1, in the print dialog box, when choosing "printer", at the upper right hand side you could choose printer or file, and if you chose file, it would make a .ps file which you can then distill.

In Quark 6.5, there are 2 ways to make PDFs. One is in your document, choose under FILE, Export as then PDF layout.

or

as we do, In the print dialog box, when you choose printer, you will select Adobe PDF 7.0 as the printer. Now there are also PDF options under copies and pages if you need to change anything. Close that window, then choose the same Adobe PDF 7.0 in the setup tab of the print dialog box. So, you needn't distill a .ps file anymore. But, you do need the Adobe PDF 7.0 driver which I assume comes with the full version Adobe Acrobat, not the reader version. OR, maybe you can find that driver online somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Hi tinskin
I am running Quark 6.52 with Mac OS 10.4.10.
If I open up a file and choose Page Setup under File, I can then click on Printer, which opens up a window and from there I can click on PDF and that opens up a drop down window and then I can choose Save as PDF or Save PDF as PostScript, along with several other options, you might try that.
Hope this helps.
IMacQuarker

Hello folks.

All of your replies have some really good tips. Some work and some do not.

Pobajo: I think I will have to continue to make PDF's the way you suggest. It does seem to work, and it's the way I have been doing them. Thank-you.

IMacQuarker: I don't have the choice that you do, to print to PDF or Postscript. That is the choice I wish I had - I can only print to PDF!

At the last company I worked for, we ran Quark 6.5 (not passport though) on the same operating system and we had the option to save as Postscript - but I just don't know how to get those options available to me. It must be something to do with having a Postscript printer...

Thanks folks. If anyone else has some other ideas, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back