Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.5: I can't choose printers in setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinecone2

Technical User
Jan 26, 2010
US
Hello. Everything was working fine until a few hours ago. I went to print, for the umpteenth time today and suddenly all the boxes in setup are gray!!!! I can't get support from Quark because they've stopped supporting 6.5............ I'm really hoping someone can help me. Thank you in advance!

...have you tried deleting the Quark preferences files?

...this will reset Quark, including printers, when you re-launch Quark...

Quark preferences on Mac OS X:

Quark preferences on Windows XP:
C:\ Documents and Settings \ (Name of User) \ Application Data \ Quark \ QuarkXPress x.x

Quark preferences on Windows Vista:
C:\ Users \ (Name of User) \ AppData \ Local \ Quark \ QuarkXPress x.x

Remove the QuarkXPress x.x folder from that location. This will force a new folder and new preferences to be made. You will lose print styles (handy if you back those up first) and any customization applied to tools and tool palatte.

andrew

============
============

Thank you, Andrew. The problem is solved. For some reason, Quark wasn't recognizing my printer. It might be an issue with the driver. I went to my Printer Setup Utility, and chose a different printer as the default, went back to Quark and the boxes were accessible. I then went to Printer Setup again, and chose the printer I wanted as the default, and it all worked out. So relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back