Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.5 - Horizontal Lines Appearing On Print Outs. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

handleodhran

Technical User
Dec 10, 2004
IE
I've got Windows & am exporting a Quark 6.5 File to PDF. It works fine and looks perfect on screen. The picture I'm printing out is roughly 16cm wide x 5 cm in height. There's a series of horizontal lines that run across the picture. It's really only as I hold the page up close to my eyes that I notice it. If I didn't know better, it could look like the printer's low on ink or there's an issue with the roller on the printer. The problem's not with the printer, I think it's something to do with my settings. Does anyone have an idea what I can change on the setting to rectify this problem? It was all working fine while I used my desktop and a different printer. Since I got a new laptop and a new printer I've had this problem. (I've got rid of the old printer in the meantime) Connected my new printer to the Desktop and installed it as the default printer, but unfortuanetly got the same printout.

By the way - I know the problem isn't on the Printers side because I emailed the PDF to my friend & it printed out on his side with the very same lines.

I had luck fixing that with the "Reduce File Size" option within Acrobat Professional (File menu), although it was natively from InDesign not Quark. It doesn't effect the image quality - just cleans up excess info and makes a smaller file. I use it on every pdf with very few problems :)

Also wonder if you can see the lines in your pdf or just when you print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back