Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.1 importing files and printing subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangemoth

Technical User
Apr 18, 2007
AU
Hi I need your help

I am creating a booklet pretty small,I am importing eps files and when the printer prints out the pictures they look, pixelated. I then decided to save them as a tiff file and that seemed to work ok, viewing them on screen was good but when i went and printed out the files the pictures are being skewed downwards making them look long. Offset across in the Picture box reads 0.?????????
Please help

Helen

Don't worry about what comes out of your office printer from quark - use EPS and create a pdf of the Quark file then send that pdf to print.

You can also update Quark to 6.5 for free.

...verify your output options in the print dialog, check that pictures are set to normal...

...do the newly imported tiff files have X and Y values of 100%?

...unless you print through a postscript rip, your eps files may look low res on output because it will in all likelihood use the low res preview you see in quark to render the page on the paper...

...export to pdf and print 'as image' from acrobat instead...

Andrew

...to add...

...in QuarkXPress 6 you don't always have to make a PDF if you want to print your layout with high resolution pictures...

...as long as you have the quark extension (downloadable from quark), all you have to do is to right-click (or Alt+Click) on your picture and a menu will appear next to you cursor. Go down to Preview Resolution and select Full Resolution. You will be able to view and print your image with its actual resolution...

...if you have a massive document this can become tedious though...

...if you are trying to print to your desktop printer you will still need to convert your images to RGB, but it is much simpler with QuarkXPress 6 than it is with QuarkXPress 4.x and 5...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back