Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.1 docs failing to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

feelgood56

Technical User
May 10, 2004
GB
I have 2 G4s running OSX 10.3 both with Quark 6.1 and I wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem (and hopefully found a solution!):

Occasionally, on one of the G4s, a document which previously printed fine refuses to print out. It goes through the progress bar in Quark fine, comes up on the printing list on the printer window, disappears as if it has printed but nothing comes out of the printer. The same document will print fine on the other G4. Setting the Quark error handler in the print dialog window gives no information.

It is only the one machine that has the problem, I have tried reinstalling Quark, the printer PPDs and even creating a new user but nothing has worked. There seems to be no common factor in the files that decide not to print out.

Any ideas?

The only time I have come across this is due to:

'Operator error' or the wrong printer info being set up in the print utility...

Operator error: I have set up the QXP print styles and 'make' the users use these. U'd be amazed how many 'errors' it solves.

Printer set up: Erm....administrators error...doh! I set up the printer, but entered a wrong IP address....Only way I see this helping is if you have the printer set up twice...once with the right info...once not.

Hope it is of some use.

BD

I have the same problem with a G5 an OS X 10.3.4 and Quark 6.1. I can print out the document, which is several MB with pictures. The Print-Box opens for about 2 seconds. The Printer-Rip shows a document of 15 KB and nothing happens.

I can print with Indesign, but not with Quark.

I still have this problem with some of our G4s, but there is a fix posted on the Quark website forum that might be worth trying.

I have also noticed that I tend to get a 'corrupt' font message on most of the documents that will not print. The way round it is to PDF the document and then print the PDF.

I hope this is of some use!

If you just click to continue with that font error message.... it'll still print from Quark properly. I was told if you take all your fonts out of folders and put them all the main font folders... then trash your pref... it'll make it all work right. I just did it this morning, and Quark seems to be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back