Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QUARK 5 will not PDF anything 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procab

Instructor
Nov 18, 2002
DK
I have a big problem with both eksport to PDF and through Printmenu/Acrobat distiller and even if I make a ps file

I'm using quark 5 and acrobat 5

It always comes up with "no pdf file created.

Whats wrong?

When you have a the PDF filter installed, you should have a new menu item under Utilities called Export as PDF.
When you select it, it will ask you to provide a name for the PDF file and then search for Adobe Acrobat Distiller to actually create the PDF.
If you prefer, you can still create a PostScript print-to-file manually and then process it through Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
You can refer the following link for more information:

Well, try creating a PDF file trough the print menu. Give a print command, in the print dialogue box choose the printer "Acrobat Printer" then give a print command.
If you have already installed Acrobat Distiller, then you must be having Acrobat Writer in the printer list. If you don't have the specified printer in your list then reinstall Acrobat Distiller and repeat the above steps.
If you are using Windows platform then in your control panel you should have your default printer + Acrobat Writer, Acrobat Distiller etc and in case if you are using a Mac platform then in the chooser panel under Apple menu you will find these printer.

Try following these steps and come back to me. I will love to assist you.

Regards,
TechLeo

this is the error it comes up with, when try to distill the job

%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: findfont ]%%

Stack:
/Font
/Courier
/courier

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

try to re-install ur pdf filter in the XTension folder of QuarkXPress.

even ur PPD driver could cause this problem.
EL236

~*The Art of Communication*~

You need to embedded the font into the PS file!!

This font could be in a EPS file or just in quark, there is no printer font avaliable!! If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

I have solved the problem, only thing to do was opening Acrobat Distiller/Font locations and select psfontsfolder.

No problems with other Adobe Products, but something about Quark don't select/find the fonts automatic.

But now its perfect!

Thanks to all of you

Excuse me for butting in chaps, but in Q5 the pdf function is now under the File/Export menu. If it is still appearing under the Utilities menu then you have the wrong pfd xtension installed and are therefore creating a conflict within the program. We have been creating pdfs from Q5 for some time now without errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back