Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 4 suddenly quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofer2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
I'm working in a Windows environment. What has been happening lately is that I will be working in Quark and suddenly for no apparent reason, it will either quit with no warning, or I will get a message that says "QuarkXPress.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." It does this in different files and the end result is that my file is corrupted. I also can't find the error log that has supposedly been created so I can figure out the problem. Has anyone ever come across this?

This happens all the time, especially under Windows 98. You didn't specify which OS your working under, so I'm not sure this'll be helpful. Anyway, my troubles disappeared after upgrading to win2000 (which I, quark-specifically, have experienced to be faster than win-xp). Under Win 2000 quark only crashed while writing to a non post-script network printer.

Summary: If your using Win98, find some way to upgrade to Win2000. If your a mac user, try very hard to ignore me...

I am working in Windows 2000. Any idea where the "error log" might be? Maybe that will help me figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back