Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 4 quits on save

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabob

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Help . . . quark repeatedly quits when I try to save or save as (a new file name). fortunately I am only have to output the file and not save to work on later so its not impossible - but it would be good to be able to save the imposed version for archival purposes.
Any help would be appreciated

bybybybyby

What version of Quark and what OS are you using?

I get this problem from time to time with Quark 4.11 on OSX.
The only thing that seems to solve it is to delete Quark's preferences file and try again.

I'm using quark 4.04 on OSX and 9.22 and the same files do it on both systems

Some ideas which might help you.

Are you doing much or any work on the document before you save it?

I suggest people save the document immediately when they create it and then save it frequently as they work. This helps prevent any memory overruns.

I've also noted some functions (at least with earlier versions) were more likely to trigger save errors or failures - among those editing colors or importing stylesheets.

I recommend our folks save immediately after performing those functions. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back