Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum Snap Server Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin2003

MIS
Jun 19, 2002
US
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my network to win2k server sp 4 running Active Directory; It's been about a week now and some of my users can no longer see the snap server. My win2k server can map and see all folders on the snap server; however, once in a while it drop the snap server and I've to re-map the drive again for it to work. I've reboot my win2k servers as well as my snap server. My snap server is set to use TCP/IP with static IP address and set to use windows security. Once a user re-map the drive that user can see all of his folders and the security seem to work fine. Any thoughts on this issues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I believe this is a generic problem with windows and reconnecting to mapped drives. Using the TCP/IP address instead of the name is NTLM instead of Kerberos connections, but I have not seen that it matters one way or another Name / IP. I do have the same issue re-connecting to windows servers from time to time, especially if the client has just been rebooted or the server has been rebooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back