Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum Snap Server 2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachlife

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
My Snap server model 2200 recently indicated a failed disk. Under this condition, the server will not allow me to format or rearrange the disks. I had it set up for "mirror" to back up the data from one disk to the other. I opened the server and booted each disk individually. I was able to check and format each disk individually. Thinking I had fooled it into repairing and formatting the disks, I restarted the server with both disks installed. The server runs now as if it has two individual disks, which is another option when setting up the disk arrangement. However, when I go to the disk utilities, I find the disks still set up for mirror and indicating that the backup disk has failed. It will not allow me to change this arrangement, although I would like to get it back to a working mirror setup.

The server works fine otherwise. I can save files to the two individual disks. Any ideas out there??

While I don't have the answer to your solution, you may be able to find it here...

There are about 24 pages of stuff regarding the snap servers... I have the same issue that you are experiencing, but have ran into a greater problem... maybe after I get that resolved, I can search for a solution to the broken mirror issue...

debonairOne

I look in the mirror and what do I see...

Hey... found an answer for you...

Taken from that site.. (credit goes to original author)

ip or name)/config/debug

type config devices reinit all

and let the system restart. It should bring the drives back to original state. I did this to remove a 'cracked raid' then try putting it back in a raid set

debonairOne

I look in the mirror and what do I see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back