Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum SDLT 320 configuration help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyman5264

Technical User
Jul 16, 2006
CA
Hi
I was able to get a used Quantum SDLT 320 external drive and I would appreciate some help with the configuration. I purchased a used AHA 2940UW to work with the drive. (I know that I should have bought a better one, but that was all they had "used" at the store)
The problem that I have is that I do not have any idea what the correct settings on the AHA-2940 should be. I am using the terminator that came with the drive.

The tape does back up, but very slow and seems to backup for a second or two, pauses then backs up more.
Can one of you please tell me the correct settings that I should use on the 2940UW and any other info that will make the drive work better?
The last backup that was attempted indicated that it would take over 3 hours to back up 40 Gb ?
I have used a cleaning cartridge on the drive and using new media

Thanks for your help
Bill

Hi I had a similar prolem, load the adaptec driver, do not use the Microsoft driver as there is an issue with the automatic data transfer negotiation. If you use the Adaptec driver it will enable you to stream data.

Thanks for the help Geny

You are correct....I have used the Adaptec drivers and the tape drive works much better.

The problem that is happening now is that the system seems to revert back to the MS drivers everytime i power down and i must reinstall the Adaptec drivers all the time

Any ideas?

Best regards

Bill

Sorry storage is my game not systems, have you tried right clicking on the SCSI card in Devices menu and update driver, I know thw Adaptec driver is not authorised but it works fine.
Regards
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back