Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum P1000/DLT 7000 Drive Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcullen

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
I have two Jukeboxes, both of which have DLT 7000 drives:
Quantum P1000
Quantum ATL 7100
Several drives in the P1000 died so I replaced them with drives from the ATL 7100. I swapped the mounting trays, etc. The default SCSI IDs for the swapped drives are 15 when they where 2, 3, 4, 5 before. There are cables that connect to the SCSI jumper block instead of jumpers. I am using it with Legato Networker 6.01 for NT. How do I change the SCSI IDs of these drives. There must be some software config utility.

on the P1000 front panel, select the operator tab, password 1234, on the left select 'configure library, this shows the existing setup starting with the model number, bottom right corner there is a button 'configure' select this and it gives you all the configurable options where you can set model number, library and drive SCSI ID, it's a slow process as you can't go back up, once you've set the IDs you want you will have to power cycle the P1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back