Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quality of the writing on the display

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernsprecher

Technical User
Feb 3, 2016
DE
Dear members,

I am not at peace with the quality of my font displays. The writing looks the rough. The font in the settings look better. Do you have an idea?

BCM50b V 3: 6.0.2.05.237
Nortel 1120: 0624C4D
Nortel 1140: 0624C4D

IMG_1798_rdkrgz.jpg

IMG_1801_vsn3qp.jpg

IMG_1799_ym7h5g.jpg

IMG_1802_dvikr7.jpg

The display might be starting to fail, but from what I see the quality of my 1140e phone looks to be about the same as what you have on your photo's. Except the language prompts are different.

You might perhaps be able to see if there is a chance of updating the firmware if your current release is old, but I don't think that will make much difference.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

You might want to lower the contrast so you don't see the grey bar behind the letters, it\ll be a bit clearer. Other than that there is no option to select other fonts.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

There is a way to "un bold" the fonts so they appear skinny as in the menu prompts. Choose the font settings and then toggle off the bold font.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Had the same issue with a customer and the bold off solved the font problem.

Nikos

Where can I find the setting " Bold " ?

I looked in the phone menu and found nothing .

Apologies for the long response time.

Press "Services" quickly twice, 1 and 1 again.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

What set model and what firmware version are you testing with?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

BCM50b V 3: 6.0.2.05.237
Nortel 1120E: 0624C4D
Nortel 1140E: 0624C4D

So all your phones then...

What Release is that BCM?
You can see the Software Release under Keycodes right side

I am guessing 1.0?

Perhaps you need to upgrade the software release.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I would also agree that you need to upgrade the software. You can do this manually and get the updated software from Avaya's website.

Do you know how to upload via a TFTP server?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

But will the latest firmware work on an older BCM?

Looks like 1.0 by the way.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

What firmware is meant? The BCM or telephone?
I can not connect to the TFTP server.

Maybe both.
Update patches or Software can contain updated firmware.

Try the support on the Avaya site they have firmware's for download, no login required.
See if it will work without upgrading BCM.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back