Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quality of Flash images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sss123

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
Am I doing something wrong in Flash? I seem to be able to import an ok .jpeg, but text looks terrible.

Am I missing some way to have clear text?

Thanks for any help,

Embedded text?
Is it set on exact pixel values? That is x=46.0 and not 46.7? Within an mc also set on exact pixel values?
What's the size of the font used? Regards,

new.gif

yikes, I'm not sure I know what you mean. All I know, is that when I type text in Flash, and then preview or publish it, it looks very fuzzy. It does this as well when I bring in text as text or an image. (did that make sense?)

Thanks.

If the text is embedded, it will allways look more fuzzy, especially at smaller sizes. As for positionning, once your text is set, select it and check the x & y values in the Info panel. Correct them to exact pixel values, ie x=150.0 and y=232.0, for example, rather than values like 150.6 or 232.4. It should somewhat clear them up.
Post up a .swf example of what you're getting, so that we can better see for ourselves, what might be other problems envolved. Regards,

new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back