Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qty On Hand not updating at Invoice Posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomWG

Programmer
Jul 13, 2009
US
Macola 7.6.3c ,Pervasive Btrieve 9.5
We have a infrequent,intermittent,and anoying issue.
At invoice posting the qty on hand will not be updated.
The IM_Trx.,Ar_Dist. and IM_Dist files all appear correct.
This has happen randomly and can affect one or more line items on an single invoice, not in any particular sequence.

Any Ideas

Thanks,

Tom

Is the item a stocked item?

In OE setup, on page 2 in the lower right hand corner, what is the value of the update IM for orders flag?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Yes these are stocked items. The setting is B=Bill.

There does not appear to be a pattern to which line # or which item # this happens to.

I have written a procedure to run after posting to detect these errors and will be better able to find a pattern if one exists.

After posting there does not appear to be any difference in the Oelinhst data between a line which correctly updated the Qty on Hand and one that did not.

Thank You

The items are selected manually.
The sales and stocking UOM are the same.

Could you have changed the items from non-stocked to stocked recently?

The stocked flag is captured at the time of order entry so if you change an item to stocked, you would need to change all the open orders for that item with a SQL script as well.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Update on this issue.

The issue has happend 1 time since 7/15. I am able to catch this with the program I wrote and make the corrections before any damage is done.

We have the exact same issue with inventory reciepts.
The IM trx is made but the QOH is not updated. Again this is infrequent and random. I wonder if there is some issue with the btrieve database or some record locking conflicts.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back