Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qty on hand for Crystal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am building a Crystal report for inventory control.
I would like to see an average of items sold to customers versus qty on hand. Problem is that I cant find the "qty on Hand" field. Anyone know where it lies?

This info is in the Invcost.dat file. Unfortunately, Peachtree decided not to expose this file to the .ddfs that you use to write crystal reports, so you cannot pull this info into a report.

A workaround is to use Btsearch, which will read the .DAT files and create full ddfs, then write your report from the new .ddfs.

I have never done this but I am told it works well. Tread cautiously in any case. Btsearch can be found at:

Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

mann71 - This is a problem that I ran into also. Took Peachtree two weeks to get back to me when I asked them the same question and they wanted to charge me for the answer. I simply asked them what file/field the quantity on hand is stored in. finally they got back to me and did confirm it is calculated and not stored in a specific filed (oh what a nightmare this is). This is a tricky one to figure out and good luck and as dgillz stated above tred lightly, this is not easy to do.

Actually, the data IS STORED in a specific file, the INVCOST.DAT file to be exact. However, Peachtree, once again in their infinite wisdom, decided not to expose this particular file (and many othres) to the ddfs. This way Crystal Reports, MS Access, etc, cannot access these files.

Peachtree does not want you to be able to write reports, they want you to come to them to get reports. That is what this is all about, IMHO. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

From Mann71.
Thanks for the info guys, as you say, not easy.....MAS90 Here I come!

Try Macola. It is better than Mas90 IMO. I can get you all the info you need on it. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I ditto that - Macola is a very powerful, flexible and user friendly business application program which I have used in a previous position. I highly recommend it. You should at least explore its capabilities.

Mark

Thanks for the Heads up on Macola guys, definatly going to have a big look at it.

There is now a function for getting the quantity on hand for inventory in crystal reports for peachtree. You will need to upgrade to Peachtree 2003 in order to get it.

CrystalPro-

What is the function? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

The new function is GetPeachQtyOnHand. It is found under the "Additonal Functions" category in PCW 2003 of Crystal Reports.

GetPeachQtyOnHand ({Company.CompanySpecial1a}, {Company.CompanySpecial1b}, {Company.CompanySpecial1c}, {Company.CompanySpecial1d}, {LineItem.ItemRecordNumber} )

You must include the tables Company and LineItem in order for the function to work.

CrystalPro,

Any chance you can email me the u2lpeach.dll that has this function? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back