Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QTP to SQL conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNRM

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
ZA
Hi,

I have been asked to convert some 10 year old batch processes written QTP into summary tables in SQL which will then be used to generate cubes.
Has anyone tried this before?
Know of any good websites/documents that may help?
I have no experience in QTP, in fact I first heard the word this very day so any info will be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

QTP is the batch processing component of PowerHouse, which is the Cognos 4th generation programming language.

In simple terms, a QTP process reads data from a file(s) and/or a table(s), does some sort of processing or checking, and delivers that data to either the same or different file(s) and/or table(s).

To be brutally honest, QTP is the most difficult of the PowerHouse components to get to grips with, so if you have no prior QTP experience, you're going to be on a steep learning curve.

You can download the latest PowerHouse documentation for free by going to It's probably best to start by reading the QTP Reference Manual to get an idea of what the current syntax is doing.

I'm not really sure from your message what you've been asked to convert your QTP routines into...

Regards,

MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back