Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QTP Regular expressions not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

somu0312

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
IN
Hi,
My problem, a checkpoint using regular expression fails on my PC but passes on my team member's. We all use Dell Optiplex with windows XP Pro SP2. QTP is 8.0. We are testing SAP R/3 screens using SAP add-in.

Is there any QTP wide setting that I am missing?
Pls advise
Regards
Soumit

First of all, have you compared all the settings with your colleague's PC?

If not, this is the first step.

There's no reason I can think of that would cause a regular expression to fail (QTP has no option to turn them off).

The other possibility is that the expression fails as a result of what is being evaluated. Add it to your watch list and see what its output is. Do that same on your colleague's PC, and see if you're getting the same output.

If not, then there may be settings on your PC that need amended (sometimes even the monitor's display resolution can cause problems).

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back