Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QTP Plus Object Repositories Merge Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

herisud

Programmer
Aug 20, 2005
CA
Hi,

I'm using the Object Repositories Merge Utility to merge some repositories. When I look at the merged repository in the Merge Utility, web objects (browser, page) appear, but when I look for these web objects in a test referencing the merged repository, I don't see them.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I missing some step? Is there a workaround to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Herisud
I have somewhat the same issue. I have tried merging 2 repositories using QTP PLUS, but when I point to the new object repository in QTP, it seems empty, even if I can see the merged objects in the PLUS Merge screens.

Dont know what I am doing wrong, and am new to using this tool, so I hop you have encountered a solution since then.

By the way, do you know about a 3rd party tool called AORE (Advanced Obj Rep Editor)which should make it possible to handle the QTP Obj Rep (I hope you can help
Best regards
Ingrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back