Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qsig over IP with path replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambMan

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
GB
Hello,

With reference to the statement below from another source:

"We ARE talking about two CM systems connected via a QSIG IP Trunk right? If so, path replacement most definitely works and I believe supported.

Path Replacement over a SIP trunk is not, you simply add double the amount of channels you need to the trunk to compensate.

Here's a Path Replacement proposal message generated by an h.323 trunk we have on our system to another CM........

233 13:20:39.240 83 <-- FAC crv 0_0ee4
From IPAdr: x.x.x.x From Port:24783
To IPAdr: x.x.x.x To Port:5055 UID: 0xf003c
D-channel port number: 00000000
Protocol Discriminator: 08 call control
Call Reference Value: 02 0e e4 Origination 0ee4
Q.931 Message Type: 62 Facility
<- FACILITY inv 178 prof=0x9f invoke: Path Replace Propose [ECMA-176] | << Path Replace Propose [ECMA-176] >>
| value IeRoseAPDU ::= invoke :
| {
| invokeId 178,
| opcode local : 4,
| argument PRProposeArg :
| {
| callIdentity "1",
| rerouteingNumber privatePartyNumber :
| {
| privateTypeOfNumber localNumber,
| privateNumberDigits "2121"

'UID:f003c' indicates this is an IP Trunk.

There are a few dependencies in config you must have correct to get this working. I can try and assist if needed........."

I am having trouble getting this to work. The calls connect and show names etc but path replacement is not working. Also when I do a "list trace tac xxx/Q" I get nothing on the trace.

Is it possible to send some screen shots of how working trunk groups and signalling channels are set up.

Is it just a case of setting the supplementary signalling to b to get qsig working over the IP trunk?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

A couple of things to check: For path replacement to work you need to have some Temporary Signalling Connections (TSC). In your signalling group ensure you have a value defined in the 'Max number of NCA TSC' field as well as the trunk group number defined in the 'Trunk Group for NCA TSC' and 'Trunk Group for Channel Selection' fields. In system-parameters features make sure you have an extension number in 'QSIG Path Replacement Extension' field, and I think you may also need 'Path Replacement with Measurements' set to yes.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back