Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QSIG over IP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlatt1283

Technical User
Nov 15, 2004
US
Has anyone ever used QSIG over IP trunks between a Definity and an IP Office? We are having some issues with a couple of things, mainly not hearing the tones when you dial numbers, not hearing any ringback when you are calling certain numbers, and losing audio when someone on the Definity calls over the IP trunk into a conference bridge. If anyone has any experience with this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dan Lattuada - Eze Castle Integration, Boston MA

We have some Q-sig trunks running and the biggist problem we have is that the fax wont take the call at the IP-Office-side. I never tride a conference bridge but over two weeks i need to place a IP-Office again between a Definity and i will look at it.
I dont have the problem of not hearing tones and ringback.
What software version are you running in the IP-Office and Definity.

Greets Peter

dlatt1283,

I am having the exact same problem between my IP Office and Definity's. I can hear ringtone when calling over an ip trunk to my S8300 offices and to my IP-enabled Definity, but not to my VoFR Definity sites.

We have connected 3 IPOs to our S8700 had some issues however as long as you us a switch a qos router and have the correct diff serv settings it should be ok. We did have to guess a little with regards to the IP trunk settings on the IPO our settings on the IPO trunk form are.

Also us dial on block from teh IPOffice

Check the following settings to on
Fax Support
Enable fast start
Out of band DTMF

We have not got the fax to work have been meaning to work on that on.

[cheers]

We had the same problem with speech, and the problem is on the definity.
This is not documented, it was in the signalinggroep of the definity. You really must search in the definity.

Faxing won,t work till the new release for the S8300/S8700

Greets Peter

What i heard the problem is T38 support.

It can be shut down in Communication Manager 2.1.1
and in Ip-office V3.0 ,you can use T38 Support.
You need one of the two.

But that is what i heard!!!!!

Greets Peter

For the lack of ringback, etc. check your codecs and make sure it's either g.729(a) or g.711 (ulaw or alaw depending on where you are)

Don't try to use a middle of the road codec like g.726 32K

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back