Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QSig - Name Display CCM => Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStieferman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
Please help.

I have a CCM environment that is connected to three Nortel Option 81 switches (rev. Succession 4, 3 and a 25.40) with Cisco 2821's.

On the 25.40 (PRI, DMS100) and Succession 3 (PRI, QSIG) caller name and DNIS is displaying properly. On the Succession 4 switch (PRI, QSIG), DNIS is showing but name display is not.

Sniffing the ISDN messages shows that the 25.40 is clear text and passing properly as mentioned. On the QSIG trunks the "Facility i =" is encoded and EXACTLY the same going to both of the succession 3 and 4 switches.

Any idea why Caller Name is not showing on one site vs. the other.

IF Nortel or Cisco prints are needed, I can provide additional information.

Do you have all the same capabilities configured under RCAP on your PBXs? Have you verified that the gateway configuration is the same on all gateways?

This is probably irrelevant, but what version of CCM are you running?

John

Also, are you using the same configuration settings for your route patterns in CallManager? I'm specifically thinking of Calling Name Presentation and Connected Name Presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back