Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qsig between G3si and Meridian Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruni

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
IN
Hi,

I have a G3si rel 11 connected to Option 11c through an E1 pri over Qsig.

I can get the Meridian extension number displayed on the AVAYA phones but when i dial from AVAYA phones to Meridian phones i cannot get the name displayed.

I have my Co trunks terminated on AVAYA

Interesting thing here is when i use the Direct Inward Dial feature to get into the AVAYA and then dial a meridian phone. The called number is displyed.

I think there is something missing with AVAYA configuration that does not send the extension numbers across the Link to meridian.
I am new to AVAYA
Please to help
Thanks
manoj

fruni,

You may have to change the options on page 2 of your trunk group in the Definity. Set the "send calling number" field to yes.

I'm about to turn-up a E1 between a Definity and a Meridian. Can you give me a call (202-663-3312) to talk this through?

Thanks, WHCARon

hey buddy ....
that was a miracle man. i did it successfully.it works nicely mmm. but now i have a problem.

i use meridian to reach the international side.And i have the number plan implemeted on Meridian using CDP.

Mer(site1)<---------mer(My)<-------Avaya(My)

Previosly i had a DTI trunk betwwen them n everything worked fine.i threw the Numbers from Avaya to meridian in the format that meridian wanted for CDP. And meridian was cooly making his role sweet.

But now on the new trunk Qsig E1 on ISGF when i try to call a site outside meridian from avaya the call is rejected ....
(both using trunk ACOD and Dial plan)

the Dchannel diag messages are below

DCH 40 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00007C17 CH 0 TOD 19:53:34
CALLED #:90012489102037 NUM PLAN: E164
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_REJECT_REQ REF 0000FC17 CH 4 30 TOD 19:53:34
CAUSE: #42 - SWED EQIP CONGESTION

if the same number had been from a DTI trunk then the call would have been redirected by meridian to its Link to another Meridian at a different site.

Now i get a fast busy on avaya and the above dchannel messages

please help me man
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back