Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QR Code with Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay9988

Programmer
Mar 2, 2023
ID
Hi All,
Is anyone ever knowing Foxpro Code for generating QR Code with picture (e.g Company Logo) in the center ?

I have found this resource on the internet,
Link

It is quite effective for generating QR Code, but I've not found the option for putting the company logo in the center of the QR Image

I've tried put the picture of company's logo manually in the center of QR Image, and the QR Code is still detected accurately by the QR Scanner. But I doubt it, is this the right trick ?

Many thanks

Jay9988,

Yes, overlaying an image, be it a logo or something else, requires proper testing since you're obviously introducing noise to the symbol.

You may consider looking at zintBarcode at It has its own mechanism to overlay images over barcode symbols (not only over QR, for that matter). Some documentation:

atlopes said:
introducing noise to the symbol.

Well, if you simply do as most logos and don't make the logo transparent, you simply hide some of the QR pixels. It's only error correction that enables still reading this and as you can see from some sample QR codes with images of FoxFest speakers, to make up for this information loss they made the QR code larger, not just in area, but in number of pixels. To me, that looks bad, the pixels get very small and the images are still tiny. It all depends on how large you print this, of course.

I don't see a way within the QR definition to spread the pixels differently and have an empty area for anything you want. It's not foreseen, so relying on error correction is the only way to embed a logo. The estimate is that an 30% of the pixels can be removed and the code is still recognized. I'd not rely on it that precisely, i.e. never ever remove exactly 30% of the pixels and assume this can be read. So this always gos with test reading any QR code you produce. I also think the 30% figure depends on the level of error correction you pick.

Other ways use logos in low contrast that can go behind the pixels. You can also lower the size of all pixels, except the ones in the corners that are guiding the scanners to detect the QR code area.

Chriss

Hi Atlopes, Chris

Thank you for your inputs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back