Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QR Code for Multiple Fields in Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
We are looking at ways of integrating QR codes in our science lab processes where I currently work.

Right now, we have labels which are printed containing something like 3 or 4, maybe 5 bar codes on a typical label, and at times it seems to slow down the lab analysts in the labs.

We would like to find a way for our data system to send multiple fields to a Crystal Report where the report would combine them all into one QR code.

As far as where the data will be read, it'll be read into Excel workbooks where I imagine we'll use some VBA or maybe even just formulas to split out the values to individual fields as needed.

I can sort out the Excel / VBA side I'm pretty certain, but I have VERY VERY limited experience working in and with Crystal Reports.

Can anyone give me any good idea of where to start with generating a QR code in Crystal Reports? If I have time, I'll touch base with a vendor, but I already know the individual I'll be speaking with only knows how to send one field to a QR code.

Ideally, what I would like to do is send the fields with a delimiter to the QR code. My best thought so far is to use a pipe ( [highlight #FCE94F]|[/highlight] ) delimiter, as that is used so rarely in other data that it's not likely to get mixed up with actual text.

Thanks for any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or references.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back