Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QOS Vlan Priority? No Vlans Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

beholder95

Technical User
Sep 4, 2003
US
I'm trying to setup QoS to have anything on Vlan 3 be set to Highest Priority (7). This is for a branch office that will have VOIP over a Fiber P2P link, as well as their internet data so PCs will be on Vlan 2 and Voip Phones will be on Vlan 3.

I see a tab in the QoS configuration menu showing Vlan Priority but no vlans exist there. Is this possible?

These phones do send out 802.1q tags, because of this should i not even both with any settings as all of my devices are 802.1q compliant. I don't want to "over QoS" and end up changing the Tags at every hop.

Thanks for any help!
Andy

At the CLI in config mode, I use something like:

vlan 3 voice

I think by default this sets the QOS to 6. You can set the QOS by using the command:

vlan 3 qos priority 7

If there is something else that needs to be enabled before entering these commands, the software does a pretty good job of telling you what needs to be enabled.

I don't think I'd set the QOS to 7 because that is the highest QOS setting. If something comes along in the future that needs higher QOS, you won't be able to go higher. We use QOS of 6 for voice.

Thank you for the reply, i did that via ALI, just didn't see it show up in the web interface under Vlan Priority.

One thing i did do was set the wrong vlan to voice, any idea how to "un voice" a vlan. I tried vlan 1 voice, to see it it would toggle it back, also vlan 1 no voice, and a few other variations.

Thanks!

The command would be:

no vlan N voice

where N is the VLAN with the incorrect voice setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back