Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qos on Windows 2003 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorh13

Instructor
Sep 18, 2000
GB
I have two lans linked via a wireless network (routed). Whilst a Cisco AP handles the actually Wireless link, access to it is controlled by a Windows 2003 server either side running RRAS.

In each LAN I have an Avaya Office phone system. I intend to establish a SIP/TLS trunk between them and want to traffic shape over the wireless link to give the voice traffic priority.

I believe it is possible to prioritise traffic based purely on IP source and destination. This would be ideal in its simplicity if only I could identify how to do it. I have added the Qos Packet Scheduler onto the interface cards of the routers but cannot find anyway of configuring them.

If it is not possible to do this, can anyone provide me with a step by step guide on how to implement Qos on Windows 2003 eg. How do I tell the Qos Packet Scheduler to apply priority to VOIP traffic?

Kind Regards

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back