Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[QoS] @ Layer 2/ BayStack 5520-48 T **Need impulse***

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyCruiseryx

Technical User
Oct 18, 2004
DE
Hello,

i want to configure a Layer 2 QoS. (Vlan ID Priority)

I have a paper from Nortel with a flowchart but it is not possible to configure this service like nortel is describe these procedure.

Has anyone a short decription or the way to configure a priority vlan for VoIP ??? my poblems are: i cant configure a classifier block and a policy fpr premium service.

Flow chart:

many thanks..........

To configure VLAN as getting one priority over another, one must classify the VLAN in the L2 classification step.
You classify a range of VLANs (minimum and maximum VLAN IDs) or you can do this based on the VLAN Tag.

I am not sure where you're at in your config, but one must first define the VLAN as a L2 element and then include then when creating the classifier/classifier block.

To create that element:
5510-24T(config)#qos l2-element 2 vlan-min 88 vlan-max 88
(this one means that the VLAN ID=88)

I hope this is helpful.

Vlan Configuration:

1.) i configure Vlan with ID 1 (default) and ID 2 (Voip)

2.) i configure the uplinkport with tagged ID 1 and ID 2 and the ID on each Port (telefon and pc have each one port on 5510-48T)

QoS:

after the vlan configuration, i began to configure the QoS over the Device Manager:

1.) QoS ---> QoSDevcie ---> Interface Group ---> create new IntGroup with trusted Ports (all Ports with ID 2) (name: Intvoice)

2.) QoS ---> QoSRules -----> L2 Classifier Element ----> create new Element with Vlan ID 2 to 2 and priority 6

3.) QoS ---> QoSRules -----> Classifier ----> create new clasifierwith L2 Classifier Element ID1

4.) now, i tried to configure a ClassifierBlock but it is only possible when i choose the Action: None , Drop or Null Action.

Wheni want to configure a premuim service or other high service, i cant create a classifier block because the error: "ntnClfrBlockStatus.2: commitFailed" comes up.

i upped the configuration from one baystack because both baystack 5520 must have the same L2 QoS configuration. you can download it below.

I will be very gratefully when anyone can help me or show me the erros in my configuration. These is my firs QoS attempt. THX

1 - Create a "Role Combination" that includes all the ports you want this L2 QoS Policy to apply to.

2 - Create "Layer 2 Classifier Element" with:
- VLAN Tag = 2
- EtherType = IP
- all others "Ignore"
(Application > QoS > Rules > L2 Classifier Element)

3 - Create "Classifier" adding in above "Layer 2 Classifier Element"
(Application > QoS > Rules > Classifier)

4 - Create "Policy" adding in above "Classifier" with "In-Profile Action" = "Premium Service" (i.e. QoS level 6 in this case) and apply it to defined "Role Combination"
(Application > QoS > Policy)

We use the WEB access to make the above configurations.

I'll asumme that you've already set the phone port PVID from default to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back