Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QNC.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild

MIS
May 29, 1999
CA
I've been installing the updated 4.63a version and have found that quincey causes crashes regularly. This is probably due to slightly flakey code that Notes' QNC takes exception to and dumps on. I finally had to remove QNC.EXE to fix the crashing of WordPerfect especially. Anyone else find this an issue?<br>
<br>

Hi<br>
<br>
Yes, I too have crashes caused by QNC, I have Notes 4.6.2a with Win95 OSR2 and Office 97Pro.<br>
<br>
I still haven't been able to track down why it happens.<br>
<br>
Neil

Hi<br>
<br>
Yes, I too have crashes caused by QNC, I have Notes 4.6.2a with Win95 OSR2 and Office 97Pro.<br>
<br>
I still haven't been able to track down why it happens.<br>
<br>
Neil

Hi all,<br><br>Yes I have found the same instability with qnc and other apps.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is a reproduceable problem try frist uninstalling qnc.exe -u and them using drwatson.exe from ms windows nt cd rom returns very usefull info<br><br>mcse-1999

i have this problem when ever i try to do a migration, on my lotus domino server R5. and i am just wonder any one could help me here ?<br><br>and the other problem is, on my customer site, they have about 50 user, some of the user cannot be migrat from lotus CCmail version 6.X and 8.X... pls help.

QNC is crap.!
rename the file to anything...we used &quot;crap_qnc.exe&quot;
in most cases the crashing will stop.

Jon

QNC is Lotus' version of Dr.Watsons for NT.
You can disable it by going to a DOS prompt going into the Lotus directory and typing: qnc-u

That'll disable it for you.....

Qincy is the Notes debugger, but it lkes to take over the whole computer, and does not play well with others. I have also seen it conflict the video drivers (see MadPenguin's entry). As mentioned in mcse-1999, go to the Notes folder (in DOS) and run the command qnc -u . This will return a note that quincy was uninstalled as the default debugger. If running more than one verson of Notes you must uninstal each one's version of quincy.

I do have the same problem´. In every workstation, I remove the qnc.exe and I've hear about Quincy as a Dr. Watons for lotus. I still searchin for the complete answer on this topic.

I have also found this problem with QNC--the only resolve was to &quot;seek and detroy&quot;..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back