Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QMGR files give us problems in System State 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

umethomas

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2000
SE
Hi!

We are running:

Windows 2000 Server SP3
ARCserve 2000 SP4
Client Agent SP4

We are haveing problems with qmgr0.dat and qmgr1.dat witch give ous an error message when backing up the system state on remote clients (W2K).

Any ides how we can exclude the files from system state?

We have excluded those files under c:\ with qmgr*.dat and we stopp the service "Automatic Update" before backup of the client.

The files gives us a incomplete backup.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Error Message:

AW0004 Failed to open file <C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file because it is being used by antoher process.

AW0004 Failed to open file <C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat>. RC=32, The process cannot access the file because it is being used by antoher process.

I also have the same problem and contacted CA about this and all they had to say was make sure that you have selected these files in job selection, which obviously I have done but still with no luck since then I have not pursued the issue but was wondering whether since posting this you have found anything.

Sorry I could not solve the problem

Thanks

Paul

HI Guys,

Mostly, these files are locked by the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) service and cannot be copied
by the programs, such as Riprep. It seems that the backup program cannot copy the files, either. BITS is a
component of the Microsoft Software Update Services(MSUS). This service has been updated and included with
Service Pack 1. Windows XP clients that are not running Service Pack 1 may not exhibit this behavior.

Generally, we can just skip them when this issue occurs. If you cannot backup files due to these two files, you may
disable BITS service by running services.msc and then re-enable the service after backing up files

Cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back