Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QManager Queue List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHOswald

Programmer
Jul 7, 2002
SE
Hi,

I'm new to MQSeries development using the Java API and have no idea how to do the following:

Q. How do I get a list of queues on a given Queue Manager name?

All the examples open a queue manager, and then open a queue given the name of it as a String. But what if I don't know what the queue name is? Or I just want to get the currentDepth on ALL local queues for example?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Lee

I believe you need to use either the MQAI (see MQSeries Administration Interface Programming Guide and Reference) or the Programmable Command Format (PCF) (see MQSeries Programmable System Management).

GFC

Thanks very much GFC, you pointed me to the correct documentation which can be found on:

What I'm trying to do must be a really common problem, and it looks like using MQAI is the only option, and this is a C API where I wish to code using the Java API. I'll do some more investigation anyway, and probably end up calling a C app from Java (hmmm, not ideal). Sometimes applications might need to open a set of queues that begin with a certain prefix such as "Trade_" followed by the Traders name for example - obviously getting the names of the available queues, and then selecting an appropriate one must be something worth putting in the Java API??

Thanks Again,

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back