Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qman Prompts like BO Prompts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpquinn

Technical User
Jan 15, 2002
US
Does anyone have info or sample SQL they could share that shows how to do a prompt in a Queryman Script and make it pop up with a prompt much the same way the Business Objects tool can? Thanks, Jay

Hi jpquinn,
I guess after so long that you've given up waiting for a reply... but in SQL Assistant 6.2 (aka QueryMan) it is now possible to get a Business Objects like prompt.

Like this -

select * from dbc.tables where databasename = '?Database';

And when the SQL is run, a prompt will appear with the label "Database" and a slot to enter a character string.

OK, not a clever as Business Objects, but at least a start.

I discovered this while looking for a method to program the function keys - e.g. I want to setup a function key like F6, but instead of EXPLAIN being added before a piece of SQL, I want to add SHOW or even HELP STATS.

So far, I haven't found what I'm looking for, but your question from 18 months ago deserved a reply.

Roger...
Roger...

Where can I get 6.2? Is there a site where I can download it?
We just got 6.1 with our upgrade to V2R5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back