Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qman - incomplete answer set

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkj123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
US
Issue: running query in Queryman against a TD table. Results start to come back and stop short of what is expected. Example: run query expecting about 900 records in the answer set. However, results stop at 400, even though my "maximum number of answer rows to display" option is set to 2000.

Symptoms:
- does not happen with all tables.
- with tables with the issue, the problem occurs at different points (table A at 400, table B at 569, etc.) but it always stops at a consistent point for a given table (e.g. Table A ALWAYS stops at 400).

Possible issues:
- network issue. Qman is local and hitting the TD box across the network.
- table/teradata issue - is a specific record damaged?

Any thoughts? Thank you - BKJ

How many rows are in the table? Did the query return the correct number of results previously, but now it doesn't?

Are you sure you set the criteria properly? (I know this is a stupid question)

Have you tried doing a SELECT * FROM TABLENAME to see if it goes beyond the 400 rows? If it does go to 2000, i'd say it's a problem with the query, if it stops at 400, i'd contact your DBA to find out if there is a problem.

Had a similar problem about 3 months ago, and updated to the most current version/driver for Queryman. I'm not currently at that job site, so I can't tell you which one is most current(I think the driver version is 3.02). I'm currently using Teradata SQL Assistant 6.1 with driver 3.02 (SQL assitant is the latest version of Queryman). It is very similar to Queryman, but has some nice features that Queryman doesn't have.

I would suggest that you get the updated version/driver and try running those queries again.

Are you shure about the expected number of rows?
Is QueryMan reporting e.g. 900 rows and stops after 400 without error message?
Try a
select count(*) from (your query) dt;

Try to run the same query from BTEQ.
Try to run the same query from a different ODBC tool, e.g. WinDDI.

Maybe it's a network problem and the number of rows returned for a given table is the number of rows which fit into 1 response buffer?
Try to modify "Maximum response buffer size" in ODBC driver -> advanced options to a different value. If the number of rows changes...

Dieter

I had the same problem a couple of versions of QueryMan ago.

If you want all 900 rows then use "Export Results" option and save the results into a separate file.

Roger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back