Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qmail Installation Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpete

Programmer
Aug 30, 2010
US
Hi,
Can I get a few suggestions on solving configuration problems in Part #5. (./configure --enable.......)

Some of the checks turned out "no" but I believe the one for MySql caused the failure.

checking whether roaming-users has been enabled... no
checking whether learn-passwords is enabled... no
... removed
checking whether file-sync is enabled... no
checking whether sqwebmail-pass is enabled... no
checking whether qmail-ext is enabled... no
checking whether ip-alias-domains is enabled... no
checking whether an auth module has been specified... mysql
configure: error: Unable to find your MySQL inc dir, specify --enable-incdir.

How do I specify this or what do I need to install to get past this problem? I've searched for a auth module and could not find one.

I'm installing on Fedora 13.

Thanks for any help
Ray

Welcome to Tek-Tips Ray!

It looks like the most common cause of this error is not having the proper headers. Do you have the mysql-devel package which installs the headers?

Another suggestion would be to try --enable-libdir=/usr/lib, or wherever your lib directory is. At the very least make sure this isn't set to some bogus location in the configuration script, but a combination of the two may be necessary.

Thanks for the info Noway2.

This helped me to target in on where the problem was. With this fedora release the 64 bit libraries are in /lib64 so I added --enable-libdir=/lib64 and configure worked.

(I'm adding this in case someone else runs into this problem)
make && make install-strip failed with a linker error saying it could not find -L/lib64 lmysqlclient. To get out this I changed the Makefile in the 26 places it had -L/lib64 lmysqlclient to -L/usr/lib64/mysql lmysqlclient. This allowed me to proceed to part 6.

Could give me an idea of the configure problem in part 6 where config.guess (called from configure) believes this is an unknown-linuxoldld and fails. It may be because the output of ld_help is not recognized.

I know my profile says programmer but my background is really an Oracle DBA.

any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ray

Could you be a little more specific? Part 5 of what book or howto?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back